The 2016 General election is just around the corner, and we are all doing our part to make sure that Congressman Bera is able to continue serving the citizens of Sacramento.
You can do your part as well by being sure to vote for Ami on Tuesday, November 8th, 2014. Click here to say you're in! In the meantime, here are answers to questions you may be asking:
Am I Registered To Vote?
You can check your voter registration status here.
To update your voter registration, or register to vote for the first time, register online here.
Can I Vote By Mail?
You sure can. If you are registered as a Permanent Absentee voter, you can vote whenever it is convenient for YOU! Here are a few things to remember for Permanent Absentee Voters:
- You can check if you are a Permanent Absentee voter here.
- If you WANT to be registered to vote-by-mail, and are not already, you can download a Permanent Absentee Voter application here.
- If you are voting by mail, remember to SIGN your return envelope. If you do not sign your return envelope your vote will NOT BE COUNTED.
- Due to the 19” ballot size, extra postage is required for the ballot to reach the Registrar of Voters. While some allowances may be made, part of our duty as voters is to ensure that our ballots are counted, so TWO STAMPS totalling $0.70 are required to reach the Registrar of Voters
- In order to ensure that your vote is counted,YOU MUST MAIL YOUR BALLOT BY TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH.
- If you are registered as a Permanent Absentee voter and have not received your ballot, you can call the Sacramento County Registrar of Voters for help. Their phone number is (916)-875-6451.
How Long Do I Have to Register to Vote?
October 24, 2016 is the last day to register to vote.
Where Do I Vote?
You can look up your polling location here. All you need is your address.
When Can I Vote?
- Election Day is Tuesday November 8th. All polling locations will be open for same-day voting from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- In person absentee voting is only available at the Sacramento County Registrar of Voters, which is located 7000 65th Street Sacramento, CA 95823. You may register to vote by mail, fill out your ballot, and turn it in all in one visit.
- If you have received your Permanent Absentee ballot you may either mail it in or turn it in in person. A list of locations can be found here.
- California law allows for employees to take two hours from work in other to vote. One must notify their employer by Friday, October 28, 2016 , after which employers are required to allow employees to vote.
- In most cases, California voters are not required to show identification at their polling place. However, it is a good idea to bring identification with you when you vote for the first time. For more info click here.
- The Sacramento County Registrar of Voters is the only 24-hour vote by mail drop-off location and is located at 7000 65th Street Sacramento, CA 95823.
- You may drop your Permanent Absentee voter ballot at any polling location on Election Day.
If I Registered For The Primary, Am I Registered For The General Election?
Absolutely. You are even registered for future elections. You only have to re-register to vote if you have changed addresses since the last time you voted.
Remember to mark your calendars for the November 4th General Election!